Updated May 20, 2016
Franchise Buy has received TRUSTe’s Privacy Seal signifying that this Privacy Statement and our practices have been reviewed for compliance with the TRUSTe program. In order to view our relationship with TRUSTe please visit the validation page visible by clicking on the TRUSTe seal on the home page of our website. The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this website www.franchisebuy.com as well as our mobile website m.franchisebuy.com, but does not cover information that may be collected through mobile apps that are supported by our company.FranchiseBuy.com has also received an A+ Rating as a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business. FranchiseBuy.com strives to maintain transparency and accountability regarding the collection and use of your personal information. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, please first contact us at info@franchiseBuy.com. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Note that this website (the "Site") is operated by FranchiseBuy.com. This privacy statement (the "Statement") describes FranchiseBuy.com’s collection, use, and disclosure of information practices in connection with the Site. This Statement applies to the national version of the Site, located at www.franchiseBuy.com, as well as to any versions of the Site that FranchiseBuy.com operates, including versions or pages that FranchiseBuy.com co-brands or private labels with its marketing affiliates, third-party distribution partners, and other partners (collectively, "Affiliates"). For example, you may have arrived at a co-branded version of the Site from an Affiliate's website, in which case, that Affiliate will be clearly identified at the top of the home page of this Site. In this Statement, FranchiseBuy.com refers to those versions of the Site as "Affiliate Versions." Please be aware that FranchiseBuy.com may share any information you submit through this Site with Affiliates, as described below. During your visit to any Affiliate Version, the Affiliate may independently collect other information from you.
All users can view content on our website without submitting any personal information (such as name, address, phone number, etc.) to us. However, in order to provide you with a better user experience, we may collect non-personal information from your computer using cookies. More information on this process is below.
Mobile Apps and Location Information
When you download or use our mobile apps, you may give permission to share your device's real-time location (from cell towers or GPS). This information is used to provide services like localized search results. You can disable location-sharing at any time in your device settings. We also use an encrypted version of your device's unique device ID to track app usage, and to send any mobile alerts that you ask you to receive.
Our Information Request Form
When you request information by submitting your contact information (name, address, phone number, e-mail, etc.) on our registration form, we pass your information only to the businesses that you specify. No other business receives your contact information. Your information, however, is often stored in the receiving company's database, as well as ours. Collected data may be stored in a database outside your home country.
Our Newsletter Program
We offer opportunities to register to receive our e-mail newsletter, both in various locations on our website and on our Information Request Form. We only add you to our mailing list if you authorize us to. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing our unsubscribe page, or you can contact us at info@franchiseBuy.com. Moreover, we do not share your e-mail address or other personal information with other companies unless authorized by you.
Passive Information Collection
The Site automatically collects information and may also customize your visit through technical means, including the following:
Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by computers (or servers) to identify your computer.
Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as pixel tags, internet tags, clear GIFs, or single-pixel GIFs) are electronic images embedded into a webpage.
IP Address Logs: FranchiseBuy.com also logs Internet Protocol (IP) addresses - the location of your computer on the internet.
Cookies allow FranchiseBuy.com to recognize you when you visit the Site, to personalize your experience and generally to serve you better. For example, if you enter your name, address, or ZIP code on one of the Site's forms, it may be stored in a cookie so you do not have to enter it again on other forms on the Site. Cookies and web beacons can tell us what advertising you have seen on the Site, which allows FranchiseBuy.com to offer you a more diverse selection of advertising information and also may be used together to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. Cookies, web beacons, and IP addresses are also used to compile data regarding Site usage (e.g., what website you came from, what pages of the Site you visit, how long you were on the Site, what type of browser you are using, what website you went to). Web beacons may also be included in emails sent by FranchiseBuy.com to determine when and if such emails are opened or forwarded. You can disable cookies or otherwise manage them through tools provided with your browser software and with third-party software packages. If you turn off cookies, many of the Site's features will not work as well or at all. Anonymous information regarding use of our Site and services that is collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of FranchiseBuy.com through the use of such technical means or otherwise is referred to in this Statement as "Usage Data."
Personally identifiable information collected by FranchiseBuy.com through your use of the Site may be stored on servers or in a cookie on your computer and may be used by FranchiseBuy.com for any of the following purposes:
- To confirm or fulfill a request that you make.
- To follow up on any request that you have previously made.
- To communicate with you regarding the FranchiseBuy.com service.
- To send promotional materials, newsletters or other content via email or otherwise. If you no longer wish to receive a particular email newsletter or other promotion from FranchiseBuy.com, you must follow the opt-out instructions included in such email newsletters and promotions.
- To permit third parties (to whom FranchiseBuy.com may disclose personally identifiable information specifically for direct marketing purposes) to send you promotional or informational messages, but only if you have first affirmatively agreed to receive such messages.
- To improve your user experience.
- To manage FranchiseBuy.com's business and its relationships with Affiliates, customers, and other third parties to which FranchiseBuy.com may disclose personally identifiable information pursuant to this Statement.
- For Site administration, analysis, research, development, optimization and other internal purposes, including, without limitation, to compile Usage Data.
Usage Data is used by FranchiseBuy.com for administrative, analytical, research, optimization, and other purposes. For example, FranchiseBuy.com may use statistical analyses of Usage Data in order to measure interest in the various areas of the Site, for development purposes, and to inform advertisers and partners in aggregate and anonymous terms about consumers who click on their advertising or other messages. IP addresses are also used for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
With respect to promotional materials and newsletters that FranchiseBuy.com may send from time to time, FranchiseBuy.com will not continue to send you such communications if you ask us not to, as described below. However, you agree that FranchiseBuy.com may send to you, and you cannot opt out of, communications of a transactional or relationship nature, including, but not limited to, communications regarding fraudulent or illegal activity, the status of your SIY Account, changes to this Statement or the FranchiseBuy.com Terms of Service, as well as communications to confirm, fulfill and follow up on your SIY Account registration or a request submitted through the Site.
FranchiseBuy.com com may share personally identifiable information that you provide with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement and in the following cases:
- Affiliates. FranchiseBuy.com may share your personally identifiable information with Affiliates on the condition that the Affiliates' disclosure and use of the information is consistent with this Statement.
- Requests. If you request information or services through the Site, you agree that FranchiseBuy.com may share personally identifiable information with third parties as may be necessary to provide such information to or perform such services for you. For example, if you use the Site's Information Request Form to request information, FranchiseBuy.com will share the information you entered with applicable parties (or its designee). FranchiseBuy.com may also share the personally identifiable information you submit as part of the request with the franchisor and/or its affiliates. Similarly, if through the Site you request additional information from a financial institution, FranchiseBuy.com will share your information with that institution. Personally identifiable information also may be included in reports to these third parties, but only when you have intended to submit the information to the third party as described above. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties' privacy policies and practices and FranchiseBuy.com does not control their subsequent use or disclosure of information.
- Sweepstakes/Promotions. In the event that you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion on the Site that is sponsored by FranchiseBuy.com and a third party, FranchiseBuy.com reserves the right to share personally identifiable information collected in conjunction with the sweepstakes, contest, or promotion with the third party. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties' privacy policies and practices.
- Direct Marketing. Except as provided herein, it is FranchiseBuy.com's policy not to disclose personally identifiable information of our customers to third parties specifically for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are 18 years of age or older and have affirmatively agreed to receive third-party direct marketing materials, FranchiseBuy.com may share personally identifiable information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Although FranchiseBuy.com will notify all third-party direct marketers that the information provided to them is confidential, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties' privacy policies and practices.
- Service Providers. FranchiseBuy.com may work with third parties that provide services on its behalf, including, among others, providers of analytical, development, promotional, research, credit card processing, technical and other services. For example, FranchiseBuy.com may ask that a third party conduct an online survey or sweepstakes or send newsletters on its behalf. Similarly, if you make a payment to FranchiseBuy.com by credit card, FranchiseBuy.com may share your personally identifiable information and credit card information with a third party in order to process credit card transactions, or such information may be collected directly by the credit card processing service provider on FranchiseBuy.com's behalf. In such cases, FranchiseBuy.com asks that the third party maintain your personally identifiable information as confidential and use the information only to perform the services specified by FranchiseBuy.com.
- Email List Opt-Outs. In the event FranchiseBuy.com sends promotional emails to you on behalf of third-party advertisers and you inform FranchiseBuy.com you wish to opt out of future promotional emails from a particular third party, FranchiseBuy.com may share your email address with that third party so the third party may add you to its opt-out lists.
- Other. FranchiseBuy.com expressly reserves the right to release any personally identifiable information or other information you provide to third parties under the following circumstances: (a) when required by law or legal process, (b) to investigate and/or take action against illegal activity, suspected abuse or unauthorized use of the Site, (c) to protect the property or safety of our users or others, (d) to enforce our Terms of Service and (e) in connection with any sale or other transfer of ownership of all or a part of FranchiseBuy.com. Further, if you make any personally identifiable information publicly available on the Site, FranchiseBuy.com reserves the right to disclose such information to third parties, including, without limitation, insurance companies and FranchiseBuy.com's Affiliates and third-party distribution partners.
Please note that the messages that FranchiseBuy.com sends to you to confirm, fulfill, or follow up on a request may incidentally include promotional material or other content from FranchiseBuy.com or its partners. In the case of these messages, FranchiseBuy.com is not sharing your personally identifiable information with those third parties. FranchiseBuy.com reserves the right to share Usage Data with any third party for any reason.
Our Use of Tracking Technologies
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here:
To opt-out of interest-based ads on Google and Facebook, go to the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA, Digital Advertising Allianace of Canada in Canada, or the European Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe and select "Facebook Inc." and "Google Inc." from the list.
In a limited number of cases, we may choose to share either personal or non-personal information with third-parties. Such examples are subpoenas, court orders, bankruptcy proceedings, or other requests to cooperate with other types of legal enforcement. Business Transfers
Links to Third Parties
Although FranchiseBuy.com provides links to other sites that may provide valuable information, we cannot control how they collect or manage personal information from their websites. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies. We encourage you to review their privacy policies and data collection procedures.
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. While no data transfer can be completely secure, we will make reasonable efforts to secure your data while being transferred, stored, or processed.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Please contact us if you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Email Subscription and Membership
If you submit a newsletter or membership subscription or opt-in to receive emails from FranchiseBuy.com, you will receive our newsletters and member updates from time to time with franchise industry news and/or special promotions. If at any time you wish to stop receiving these e-mails, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the e-mail.
By submitting information to FranchiseBuy.com and asking us to disclose your information to advertisers, you agree to receive telephone calls and/or emails about franchise and business opportunities even if you are registered with any state Do Not Call Registry, and/or the National Do Not Call List.
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at info@franchiseBuy.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. Alternatively, if you used a third party application to post such information, you can remove it, by either logging into the said application and removing the information or by contacting the appropriate third party application.
FranchiseBuy.com also may offer message boards, bulletin boards, chat rooms, comment areas, or other forums on the website for use by visitors who are 18 years of age or older. Any information you disclose when posting a message in these forums may become public. You should not include any information in your posting that you do not want other parties to see or use. Moreover, if you post any messages in the forums that include your email address or phone number you may receive unsolicited emails or calls from third parties.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at info@franchiseBuy.com.
Social Media Features and Widgets
You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
FranchiseBuy.com is intended to be used by individuals over the age of 18. We do not seek or willingly collect information on children under the age of 18. If we discover that we have collected information on a child under the age of 13, then we will delete that information from our system.
Updates and Effective Date
We need your assistance in keeping your information up to date. If you would like to review, correct, change, or delete your personal information or need assistance unsubscribing, please email us at info@franchiseBuy.com or write to us at the address below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
Contact InformationYou can contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email us at the address below: Franchise Buy
186 Seven Farms Drive, Suite F202
Daniel Island, SC 29492
Phone: (855) 301-1171