United Check Cashing
|Cash Investment:||$50,000||Investment Range:||$50,000|
|Franchise Fees:||$25,000||Training & Support:||Yes|
|Franchise Units:||120||Financing Available:||Yes|
About the Money Services Industry
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) has indicated that 23% of all households that are unbanked and under-banked use a check cashing center to meet their financial service needs. The needs of consumers who often choose not to use banks are both basic and easy to identify.
Consumers share four basic needs:
(1) immediate liquidity for paper checks (paycheck, benefits check, etc.);
(2) the ability to pay bills, rent, etc., often at the last minute to avoid additional fees; and
(3) the ability to send money to relatives in other states and/or countries
(4) the ability to convert cash into digital currency and/or a convenient way to convert digital currency into cash and a host of other valuable services.
United Makes it easy to pick up a piece of this $60 billion business.
United has developed and operated multiple financial service centers for more than 30 years. In 1992, United decided to expand its business model through a formal franchising system. To date, United has helped independent entrepreneurs establish and operate more than 125 United Check Cashing centers in 16 states. The United system has standardized the key elements necessary to run a check cashing center. United provides assistance with real estate acquisition and construction, licensing and vendor relations, training on all aspects of business and ongoing operations and marketing support. Our professional, bank-like centers are conveniently located where our customers work and shop.
United’s Retail Environment
United has created a retail format that offers a warm, community bank-like atmosphere for customers to conduct their personal financial business. The growing segment of the under-banked can find a full complement of products and services designed to meet their needs at a United Check Cashing center.
United can fit its business concept into a variety of retail formats, from conventional storefront centers to adapting kiosk centers to the footprint of existing businesses. We provide a total turnkey, branded facility with a variety of formats from which to choose. And, we have established business relationships with a proven network of vendors, suppliers, and industry best practices to dramatically increase your probability of success. United’s real estate and construction team will work with you to identify a suitable location. The United System provides for a complete design, build-out, and installation of all furniture, fixtures, equipment, and signage needed to provide a professional retail environment.
How Can a United Check Cashing Kiosk Benefit Your Business?
If you already have an existing retail space and the right demographic base a United Check Cashing kiosk can provide a great source of additional revenue.
- Extra cash-in-hand can increase in-store sales per customer
- Increase store traffic by becoming a weekly destination for financial services
- Turnkey system makes it easy to operate this business with current staff
- Requires as little as 60 square feet of retail space
- Can create a new profit center through check cashing, bill payment, money orders, prepaid services, debit cards and more!
United’s proven franchise system is an integrated program designed to make your entrance into the money service business easier than doing it on your own.
All franchisees are provided:
- Assistance with site selection, store design and construction
- Turnkey system complete with furniture, fixtures, equipment, software and office supplies
- Classroom instruction at United’s National Training Center
- Ongoing operational support with a dedicated Field Representative to assist on-site for opening week
- Marketing support to help build and grow your business
United franchisees come from all types of careers and professions ranging from executives to entrepreneurs, technology professionals to retail backgrounds, financial specialists to skilled trades. Our franchisees understand the value of operating within a proven system. They recognize the need for local marketing in their neighborhood and enjoy interacting with other business people in their community. They understand their customers and their needs for a full array of vital financial services. Just as important, they have the financial resources to properly fund the start-up of their business as well as the resources to support it as it grows.
If this sounds like you, then you are ready to take the next steps. Please request more information today and a development representative will guide you through the due diligence process.
Franchise User Reviews
People Who Viewed United Check Cashing Also Submitted for These FranchisesSorry, no records to display!
News / Press Releases for United Check Cashing
United Check Cashing Sweepstakes WinnerJun 01, 2012 - At a time when the economy is forcing many consumers to postpone spending, United Check Cashing of Roselle New Jersey is offering to share a little delight by giving their customer???s a chance to win cash prizes through the annual United ???Cash-n-Scratch??? Sweepstakes.
Browse Related Franchises by Industry
Transitioning from Employee to Entrepreneur"... a step-by-step guide to help you make the transition from the employee culture to that of the entrepreneurial world. This book is a complete toolkit and user's guide for success for everyone who dreams of starting his or her own business."
About United Check Cashing